logo amplifiers simplified
Endless Dungeon
Universe banner wording

PS5 AI 3rd w/ Co op

Copied to clipboard!
4 months ago
Dec 29, 2023, 7:06:37 AM

Hello,

Summery: Request the option to add the AI 3rd character unlock at the shop with co op play. 

Right now on ps5 matchmaking doesn't seem to be a thing. My buddy got me into the game but we could use the AI as back up. Maybe the whole controle of the AI would be difficult with two players having access. Perhaps allowing both players to call the AI and then when the AI is with the player allow the hold position command. Alternatively when the player is activating the AI to follow have the next command be hold position like with solo mode. The sessions can go on for a while so allowing the AI to take the place of the third player is much more reliable than getting a third player who can join for a two and a half hour run. 

Thank you for the consideration

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 3, 2024, 3:14:33 PM
JustAaron714 wrote:

Hello,

Summery: Request the option to add the AI 3rd character unlock at the shop with co op play. 

Right now on ps5 matchmaking doesn't seem to be a thing. My buddy got me into the game but we could use the AI as back up. Maybe the whole controle of the AI would be difficult with two players having access. Perhaps allowing both players to call the AI and then when the AI is with the player allow the hold position command. Alternatively when the player is activating the AI to follow have the next command be hold position like with solo mode. The sessions can go on for a while so allowing the AI to take the place of the third player is much more reliable than getting a third player who can join for a two and a half hour run. 

Thanks for the suggestion! Something I have seen requested not only on PS5. As you mentioned the control of the AI is a bit tricky, not only the point of who has access but also that the control panel of the AI is used in Multiplayer by the "quick talk/bark".
If you are with a friend you can always play the 2 of you without needing a third AI, but I guess you feel it a bit different and that's why the request, right?

0Send private message
4 months ago
Jan 9, 2024, 5:04:48 PM
Daarkarrow wrote:
JustAaron714 wrote:

Hello,

Thanks for the suggestion! Something I have seen requested not only on PS5. As you mentioned the control of the AI is a bit tricky, not only the point of who has access but also that the control panel of the AI is used in Multiplayer by the "quick talk/bark".
If you are with a friend you can always play the 2 of you without needing a third AI, but I guess you feel it a bit different and that's why the request, right?

Hello Daarkarrow,

Yeah, would just be good to get a bit of extra back up via the ai. Being able to leave them in a room to defend a generator, crystal bot or choke point would be helpful. Its also nice to have them as a life anchor when you and your buddy go down but I see how determining who is able to switch to the ai character or when could be an issue. 

My friend suggested the ability to have a toggle feature so that the host would controle the ai and micro them. If not then free switch and just let the chaos of character shuffle be a thing? I can see how the switch dynamic could be a problem. I didn't consider that. I just thought it would be good to be able to call/ bark at the ai. 

Perhaps just leave it at that and just not allow a player to take controle of the third character unless one of the players go down. Then whoever goes down first can controle the 3rd character until they can revive their fallen character or the wave is over.  

Thank you for your response. I see it is a more complex issue than I first imagined. 

Aaron

Updated 4 months ago.
0Send private message
a month ago
Mar 29, 2024, 2:16:18 AM

The AI doesnt really work, so it would just make the game artificially hard right? You would be carrying the AI bot through the levels as they just auto fire.

0Send private message
a month ago
Mar 29, 2024, 10:03:11 AM
Deersend wrote:

The AI doesnt really work, so it would just make the game artificially hard right? You would be carrying the AI bot through the levels as they just auto fire.

In which sense "do not work"?

0Send private message
8 days ago
Apr 20, 2024, 10:28:25 AM

I suppose they do work in that they move around and fire their weapons. In my experience, they won't change weapons, use skills/ultimate, shove, basically any action other than autofire with current weapon. That might just be me though, I am playing on xbox and maybe that part of it is bugged. Apologies on the slow response Daarkarrow. Not really a big deal I guess, I was playing this with a friend and we kinda moved on.

0Send private message
8 days ago
Apr 20, 2024, 4:24:18 PM

Ok I take it back. Cartie and zed AI will swap weapons and use their active abilities but not their ultimates. Comrade/Shroom will not.

0Send private message
7 days ago
Apr 22, 2024, 8:43:39 AM
Deersend wrote:

Ok I take it back. Cartie and zed AI will swap weapons and use their active abilities but not their ultimates. Comrade/Shroom will not.

Not the ultimates, but I do think that should be more in the "hands of the player" to decide. As they tend to have a big impact on the game, I could foresee a huge frustration from players if, in a moment of need, they were counting on using them to find out that the AI used it at a moment "that it was not critical".

But the team is working on Blaze and comrade to use their actives as well (as right now both are player decisions only).

0Send private message
4 days ago
Apr 25, 2024, 4:45:20 AM

Yep fair enough, I guess I am playing it wrong. I don't actually find the ultimates to be that impactful and forget to use mine a lot of the time so the ultimates not firing off is not a big deal really, but the healing from shroom and turrets from comrade mean I won't ever select them on my team if I am not actively playing with them. But I think my skill level just probably isn't there to begin with so it probably doesn't matter what I think. Anyway I had a good 30-40 hours playing which I enjoyed. Thanks for the response Daarkarrow.

0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message