Logo Platform
logo amplifiers simplified
Humankind
Universe banner wording

A solution to the Soviet Issue

Copied to clipboard!
3 months ago
Jan 26, 2024, 3:31:23 PM

I'm reposting one of the cultures suggestions that I made here.

My main aim is to propose a historically accurate version of a Soviet culture as a balanced and viable option of the 6th era. The following changes were made to maintain the solid character of the culture without having any overpowered or underpowered parts.

The LT's previous bonuses are now embodied in the new EQ, based on the forced industrialization of USSR and the key role that it played during and after wwII, while the new LT's bonuses are based on the cultural and political belief of the Soviets, which international influence was (also) supported by the imponent size of its army. It's intended strategy is to pursue an expansionistic game strategy with the help of a strong industry and a strong ideology that support the bellic endevours. I opted to replace the EQ's uniquely defensive bonuses with a more flexible one (the industry cost discount) and to reduce the penalty to stability (that, maybe, should be changed with a little monetary penalty) since the Arms Factory is no longer as controversially OP as before. In my opinion, further nerfs to the culture would just cause the culture to become an "obsolete" choice for the 6th era.

Red Tide:

• +3 Combat Strength on Unit in your sphere of influence
  • +2 Influence on City or Outpost per Units within its territory

Arms Factory:

• +10 Pollution
  • +5 Industry
  • -10  Stability
  • Count as "Makers Quarter"
  • Creates a new Deposit of Weapons which is automatically exploited.
  • +2 Combat Strength on Unit
  • -5 Stability per Weapon on all Cities (alternatively: -5 Money per Weapon on all Cities)
  • -3% on Unit Industry cost per Weapon

Red Army Tank:

• It replaces the Medium Tank
  • 60 CS
  • 8 MP
  • 6 Range
  • Field Repairs
Updated 3 months ago.
0Send private message
3 months ago
Jan 26, 2024, 8:49:19 PM

Really nice suggestion, seems very interesting to convert money into unit upkeep cost. Also, very interesting in adding another depth for influence and cs.

Btw, american EQ shall be nerfed again, one-shoting everything by bombardment is too powerful.

Would be really cool if all cultures not only just gave some bonuses, but provided some special playstyle, like in your suggestion for soviet LT: firstly reach cultural dominance, after that get very powerful units

0Send private message
0Send private message
16 days ago
Apr 17, 2024, 7:37:36 AM

Converting money into unit maintenance costs looks like a really fascinating idea. Very intriguing to bring even more nuance to the cs and impact.

geometry dash world

Updated 14 days ago.
0Send private message
?

Click here to login

Comment
0Send private message